Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome to my young single adult life!!

Hello all,
You can call me Jane. I am a 23 year old nanny living in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today I decided to start a blog about living life as a young single adult, the challenges and advantages to this life and how I deal with them all. You will learn more about me as time goes by but for now all you need to know is that I love to cook.

Challenge: Cooking for one person.
Cooking for one or two people can be very hard, there are very few recipes for only one serving. More often than I would like to admit I end up at a Burger King drive-thru because I just don't feel like cooking for only me. Even though I love to cook if I don't have anyone to cook for it isn't as fun.

Today I made Spaghetti, something that my Mom made for us growing up. When we had spaghetti everyone help to make the Garlic bread. Someone mixed the butter with granulated garlic, parsley and Parmesan cheese, while another would cut the loaf of french bread and yet another would spread the butter mix on the slices before they were toasted in the oven.
However doing this for myself would mean I would have a lot of extra bread and it would take quite a while to make the bread with no one to help me. I saw this on Rachel Ray one day and loved the idea. I take a small tube of crescent rolls ( found at walmart they only have four rolls in each tube.) and spread the butter mix on them before rolling them up then I bake them in my toaster oven.(No need to heat up a whole oven for so little.) Now I have just the right amount of garlic bread two to go with dinner and two to munch on later in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment